Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mission Impossible

My First DIY Biggest Chandelier

After having bought and received my chandelier from ebay,

 I did not like the color 

Next thing I did,  I purchase some lacquer spray paint 

in black and started to work


 You can see it better here the color copper ?


 I did the project while our new home 

was in constructions 
 
 It took me 4 cans of spray paint and lots of patience ...


  The hard part came when ready to be hang on top of the staircases

 without braking any one of the crystals from the chandelier ??

My electrician is about 5 foot 6 inches 

and the ladder was border line big enough to reach 

the 20 foot ceiling...

After 3 others persons help the electrician was up in the air

 holding, screwing, installing

standing from one foot and still smiling!Ouf...

   The chandelier was installed after 20 min!!!



 From here you can understand the intensity of my story!


Done, Mission Impossible accomplished!

After looking in my area for chandeliers I was astonish

about their cost...I browse on eBay for days

It is amazing the deals you can find there

 More and more I buy for my customers as well 

buying on line is safe and fast. 
So far I purchase 8 chandeliers for the prize of 
1 in a store ! 
Do you buy on the internet or your'e to scare ?  
Have a fabulous day 

Sonia Daigle
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And it's always so satisfying to find a deal and turn it into something just as lovely as the higher-priced version! Great job, Ms. Mission Impossible!! Thanks for stopping by this week Sonia .. hope your holiday season is magical! ~xoSandy

    SANDY M Illustration
    http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started to put my decorations since the 24 of Nov. and it never seems to be complete, I add more sparkles around the house to create that magic...
      Sandy I wish you also a wonderful and magical Christmas holiday in your new nest!
      Sonia XO

      Delete
  2. Hi Sonia!
    The chandelier looks amazing. Great job! I love it!
    I find that the shipping is so expensive online or do you buy online but in local stores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought all my chandelier trough EBAY US online and have it ship to the state of Vermont about 40 min from my home
      I have to cross the border and declare it when I come back and it still less expensive this way.
      If I bought something like this in Montreal, it would of cost at least 10 times more!!!

      Delete