Thursday, November 8, 2012

Frou frou Boudoir Lamp

A boutique owner ask me to make a Frou Frou lamp for her display on her street windows
Here is my Boudoir Frou frou Lamp
After many research to find the perfect lamp


I found this beautiful lamp base at a local second hand store
This was taken last night in my home 
I think i'm in LOVE
 To erase this gold design on the glass was more time consuming 
than I thought...
...Worthwhile don't you think
I forgot into the creation of this beauty, to take a Before photo 
of the shade that was expensive but in mint condition 
to complete the look I was looking for!


The reflection of the feathers on the glass is sweetness...


I used spray cans to do this kind of work 
You have to be in a well ventilated area and always use a mask during the process which I don't always do!!!
I start with a primer on the lamp base, than I apply many coats of glossy white 
and then finish with a few lacquer coats to give a shiny finish.
I let dry in between each step for least a good couple of hours.
The process can be hard for sensitive lungs but you absolutely need a Frou frou lamp Boudoir in your home!!!
 Live in your dream decor
Sonia 😉

View here  🔛My first project lamp shade with feathers

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia, now I get to see the lamp base. You did paint it all white! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia,
      It looks so good in my home, that I want to keep it!
      Have a great weekend
      Xo

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing do it yourself project. I can't get over how ugly the lamp was before and how fabulous it is now! It's so creative!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say that I am proud of this lamp, especially that It is display proudly on a high end boutique window!
      Enjoy your weekend lovely Sharon
      Xo

      Delete
  3. What an adorable lamp, Sonia! I know how time-consuming all those coats of spray paint can be and how many it takes to truly cover something but it turned out beauttifully and the shade is glorious! Hope you've had a good week and wishing you a fabulous weekend filled with relaxation and fun! Thanks so much for stopping by this week~ ~xoSandy

    SANDY M Illustration
    http://oohlafrouforu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you do know indeed!
      ... very sweet to read you Sandy as always!
      Have a lovely weekend, Xo

      Delete
  4. Cette lampe boudoir est vraiment « unique en soi »

    Tes réalisations sont fait avec coeur,finesse et élégance.

    Félicitations,pour tes excellentes idées de « DIY » (à faire soi-même)

    Ca donne le gôut de décorer et d'avoir recours à tes services!

    Monia xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, merci d'apprécier autant que moi l'art en soi...
      Et aussi un gros Merci pour le magnifique compliments qui me réchauffe le coeur!
      Bonne semaine Monia
      XO

      Delete